Joan’s Elder Care Guide: Empowering You and Your Elder to Survive by Joan Y. Edwards
AVAILABLE ONLINE TODAY!
Joan’s Elder Care Guide: Empowering You and Your Elder to Survive gives you, the caregiver, ways to meet your physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social needs and those of your elder to promote healing, well-being, and survival. Based on the author’s research and fourteen years of experience caring for her mother, this book provides many resources to find the right place for your elder to live, explains ways to improve communication to help find solutions to problems, and gives organization ideas for medical, financial, insurance, and legal documents. It offers ways for a caregiver to get time away from caregiving responsibilities and contains information substitute caregivers must have to keep their elders safe. Along with all this, the book explains the signs of the end of life, ways to celebrate an elder’s life, and gives duties of an executor of an estate. It also includes ten useful charts to assist in assessing and recording an elder’s needs and capabilities.
What People Are Saying:
- Excerpt from Aidana WillowRaven‘s article:
Aidana WillowRaven’s blog: http://aidana.willowravenblog.com/2016/04/joans-elder-care-guide-cover-art-and.html
“There are several charts in the appendix for the reader to utilize by filling in related information, making it a truly useful, everyday tool for everything from organizational tips to emergency needs that will slide right into a purse or overnight bag. Certainly not one of those books you half-read then sit on a shelf to collect dust.”
- Excerpt from Lorraine Price‘s five star review on Amazon:
Connect with Lorraine Price at https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorraineprice/
“It provides links to online applications and phone numbers, ideas and resources as a starting place to brainstorm easy, meaningful ways to assist you in maintaining your elder’s health and your own…I wish that I had known of it when I was a caregiver. I know that I would have been prepared for everything and possibly paid for it too! If you have a family member who needs your help, don’t hesitate to buy this book. It is a valuable tool for every family, organization, or caregiver.
- Excerpt from Dr. Bob Rich‘s five star review on Barnes and Noble:
Bob’s blog: https://bobrich18.wordpress.com/
“This book is a no-frills, very well-researched self-help guide on how to help. The language is simple, saying what Joan wants to say and no more…What is particularly impressive is the logical, step by step way Joan analyzes each problem, so that without talking down to the reader, she presents a guide even a kid could understand and follow…I have worked both as a psychotherapist and as a nurse in nursing homes. My wife cared for her mother for many years, with me on the sidelines. From this personal experience, I can recommend Joan’s Elder Care Guide as accurate, helpful and even inspiring.”
Official Video Trailer for Joan’s Elder Care Guide
Joan’s Elder Care Guide
PURCHASE ONLINE NOW (Thanks) (Prices may change. Find the best deal for you!)
- 4RV Publishing Paperback $15.99 includes shipping within the USA http://www.4rvpublishingcatalog.com/joan-y-edwards.php
- 4RV Publishing Hardback $19.99 includes shipping within the USA http://www.4rvpublishingcatalog.com/joan-y-edwards.php
- Amazon Paperback $
- Amazon Hardback: $20.99: http://www.amazon.com/Joans-Elder-Care-Guide-Empowering/dp/1940310407/
- Barnes and Noble Paperback $13.14 http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/joans-elder-care-guide-joan-y-edwards/1123707963?ean=9781940310398
- Barnes and Noble Hardback $16.24 http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/joans-elder-care-guide-joan-y-edwards/1123707963?ean=9781940310404
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Joan Y. Edwards is an author, illustrator, and retired teacher in North Carolina. Joan’s Elder Care Guide: Empowering You and Your Elder to Survive is published by 4RV Publishing. She wrote and illustrated picture book, Flip Flap Floodle, and self-published it with BookSurge in 2004. She is currently working on illustrations for her chapter book, Larry, the Terrifying Turkey.
Her Never Give Up blog, http://www.joanyedwards.wordpress.com has over 340,000 views and 350 subscribers. She encourages writers, illustrators, and others to never to give up. Her website, http://www.joanyedwards.com has a multitude of Gospel-based devotionals, puzzles, and skits.
Joan is a member of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI). Her article, “Find Your Creative Edge,” appeared in the July-August 2011 SCBWI Bulletin.
Edwards thrives on spending time with her family and friends. She presents interactive writing and motivational talks and workshops for children and adults. She reads humorous and self-help books. For inspiration and self-acceptance, she heeds the wise teachings of Robert Schuller, Joel Osteen, Maxwell Maltz, and Tony Robbins.
Facebook Page Joan Y. Edwards, Author https://www.facebook.com/Joan-Y-Edwards-Author-111310278911077/
Other places to find out more about Joan Y. Edwards and Joan’s Elder Care Guide.
Thank you to 4RV Publishing for announcing Joan’s Elder Care Guide: http://4rvreading-writingnewsletter.blogspot.com/2016/04/two-new-books-added-to-4rv-library.html
Thank you to the following people for their Book Blitz Posts introducing Joan’s Elder Care Guide to the world
- Catherine H. Armstrong http://charmstrongbooks.com/2016/05/13/book-blitz-joans-elder-care-guide/
- Janet K. Brown http://www.janetkbrown.com/2016/05/introducing-elder-care-guide-by-joan-y.html
- J.Q. Rose http://www.jqrose.com/2016/05/spotlight-on-joans-elder-care-guide.html
- Kristina Stanley https://kristinastanley.com/2016/05/13/farleys-friday-a-special-announcement/
- Linda Andersen https://lindamartinandersen.wordpress.com/2016/05/11/blog-blitz/
- Melanie Robertson-King http://www.melanierobertson-king.com/wp02/?p=12265/
Thank you to the following people who did an interview with me on their blogs:
- Carol Baldwin “Joan’s Elder Care Guide: Empowering You and Your Elder and Giveaway”
- Deb Hockenberry Video Interview “Interview with Joan Y. Edwards”
The Bumpy Road to Writing for Children blog: ow.ly/mTKH3006sKI
- Sandra Warren
“Social Media Extraordinaire-Joan Y. Edwards:” http://sandrawarrenwrites.blogspot.com/2016/05/social-media-extraordinaire-joan-y.html
- Megan Vance
“Interview with Joan Y. Edwards – Author of Joan’s Elder Care Guide, Published by 4RV Publishing:” https://meganvance.wordpress.com/2016/05/04/interview-with-joan-y-edwards-author-of-joans-elder-care-guide-published-by-4rv-publishing/
If you’d like to have me as a guest on your blog, please send me an email at email@example.com/.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Filed under: book blitz, Marketing, Writing | Tagged: 4RV Publishing, about Joan Y. Edwards, Aidana WillowRaven, book reviews, book trailer, caregivers, Carol Baldwin, Catherine H. Armstrong, cover for Joan's Elder Care Guide, Deb Hockenberry, Dr. Bob Rich, elders, Flip Flap Floodle, J. Q. Rose, Janet K. Brown, Joan Y. Edwards, Kristina Stanley, Linda Andersen, Megan Vance, Melanie Robertson-King, reviews, Sandra Warren, SCBWI | 4 Comments »