“23 Ways to Control Your Attention to Succeed” by Joan Y. Edwards
Giveaway details below the post.
Most of the information in this blog post came from a handout Copyright © 1988 from Bjorn Secher Achievement Systems in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 1988. I’ve reworded some of it to make it more meaningful.
You are today where your attention has brought you.
You will be tomorrow where your attention takes you.
You cannot escape the result of your attention.
Attention is your most vital tool…Bjorn Secher
Is your focus scattered with distractions? I’ve had a little trouble focusing my attention lately, too. So I thought I’d read over notes I saved from Bjorn Secher. He was an expert in focusing attention in the 1980s. Reading these ideas might help you focus your thinking and feelings to achieve your goals.
Thought is the key to your success — and thoughts start from a single source…your attention. For increased health, happiness, and success, a change in your attention is essential. In the following, review how your attention influences every moment of your life.
Write 3 of the following statements that appeal to you on a 3″x 5″ index card. Refer to it 10 times a day for a month. It will help to activate your self-awareness and thereby automatically instigate positive behavior changes. Attention is the flow of your thoughts, consciously or unconsciously, in one direction or another, either positive or negative.
- When you focus your full attention on something with your thoughts and your emotions, you give it strength, energy, and power. It automatically becomes your priority.
- What you relate and identify with becomes your reality, positive or negative, depending on the focus of your attention.
- Any road can become a scenic route, depending upon your attention.
- Your attention creates the way you perceive the world around you.
- The direction of your attention determines what you see, think, hear, and feel.
- In any given situation, two interpretations of the same situation exist. Your attention with its beliefs and emotions decides the outcome.
- You are not responsible for other people’s actions, but you are always accountable for your own reactions. Your reaction depends upon how well you control your attention.
- Control your attention and you control your destiny.
- No event, situation, or circumstance can influence your thinking or emotions before you allow your attention to dwell upon it.
- When you deliberately change the focus of your attention, it is the first step for a discovery of possibilities that have existed all along.
- Attention with its beliefs and emotions is the basis for all decisions.
- By changing your attention, you automatically change your mood and attitude.
- Depending upon your attention, the problem will appear as an opportunity or turn an opportunity into a problem.
- Changing your attention with its thinking and emotions is the beginning of challenging any belief that you assumed was true in the past.
- To loosen shackles of your negative assumptions, place your attention on the concept of possibility.
- There are always new possibilities, answers, solutions, and techniques for a person with creative, open-minded attention.
- Attention creates images — and images are life’s controlling mechanisms.
- When you change the focus of your attention, you enter a whole new world and ways to think and act.
- Your good intention gets the job started; your controlled attention finishes it.
- Commitment and attention are synonymous. It’s very difficult to have one without the other.
- Your attention is your constant companion.
- In your attention lies the secrets to your strength, determination, and endurance.
- The most important thing to remember is wherever you fully put your attention, you will succeed.
“When you concentrate your energy purposely on the future possibility that you aspire to realize, your energy is passed on to it and makes it attracted to you with a force stronger than the one you directed towards it.”
― Stephen Richards, Think Your way to Success: Let Your Dreams Run Free
“Thoughts Become Things… Choose The Good Ones!”
― Mike Dooley
“You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.”
— James Allen
Thank you for reading my blog. I hope these ideas help you focus your attention to receive what brings you joy!
Please leave a comment between now and February 21, 2017 to let me know which numbered points in this post spoke the most to you and your needs. Random.org will choose the winner who will receive a free logo with the favorite saying to focus his/her attention.
Never Give Up
Live with Enthusiasm
Celebrate Each Step You Take
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2017 Joan Y. Edwards
Join over 393 Valued Subscribers and receive entertaining, encouraging posts PLUS 3 free gifts:
- Never Give Up image
- 20 Affirmations for Writers
- Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators
- Bjorn Secher. Your Appointment with Success: The Way to Get Rich:
- James Allen. As a Man Thinketh: https://www.amazon.com/As-Man-Thinketh-James-Allen/dp/1514698692/
- Joan Y. Edwards. “God Will Show You How” by Mary L. Kupferle public domain: http://wp.me/pFnvK-1c
- Mike Dooley. Choose Them Wisely: https://www.amazon.com/Choose-Them-Wisely-Thoughts-Become/dp/1582702330/
- Stephen Richards. Ask and the Universe Will Provide: https://www.amazon.com/Ask-Universe-Will-Provide-Straightforward-ebook/dp/B01FWWKSSY/
Filed under: Health, Spiritual | Tagged: Attention, Bjorn Secher, Bjorn Secher Achievement Systems, James Allen, Mike Dooley, Stephen Richards, thoughts and emotions, thoughts become real, ways to succeed | 6 Comments »