Here is the first of a series of blog posts about the 7 Gifts of the Holy Spirit. I’ll name 7 characters who have it and 7 characters who don’t. I’ll also give you synonyms and antonyms. Please feel free to think of characters with or without wisdom and put them in the comment area.
The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are seven spiritual gifts, the first of which is wisdom.
Wisdom – Being wise; filled with knowledge. Synonyms for wise are smart, intelligent, sage, prudent, common sense, and knowledgeable.
Characters from Books, Movies, and TV shows who are wise:
- Yoda from Star Wars
- Charlotte from Charlotte’s Web
- Noah who built the Ark in the Bible
- Andy from the Andy Griffith Show
- Elle Woods grows in wisdom in the movie Legally Blonde
- Columbo in the television show Columbo.
- Mona Lisa Vito in My Cousin Vinny
Here’s a link I found to 50 quotes from different TV characters that short list.com thought worthy to mention:
The opposite of wisdom is foolishness. Antonyms for wise are naive, ignorant, dumb, inexperienced, foolish, careless, and irrational.
Characters from books, movies, and television who are not wise are:
- Barney Fife in the Andy Griffith Show
- The Boy in The Giving Tree
- Scrooge in A Christmas Carol
- Bird in Are You My Mother?
- George in Curious George
- Scarlet from Gone with the Wind
- Rumpelstiltskin in Rumpelstiltskin
Here’s The Top Tens.com list of the dumbest cartoon characters: http://www.thetoptens.com/dumbest-cartoon-characters/
I believe that all of us are wise at times and foolish at times. Once you can recognize it in other characters and people, you’ll be able to personify wisdom and foolishness in your own stories.
Which characters do you believe are wise?
Which characters do you believe are foolish?
Please leave a comment. Click below and scroll down to the very bottom.
Series on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- This is Part 1. “Wisdom: Which Characters Have It? Which Don’t?” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/wisdom-which-characters-have-it-which-dont/
- Part 2 “Understanding: Which Characters Have It? Which Don’t?” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2016/08/21/understanding-which-characters-have-it-which-dont/
- Part 3 “Counsel: Which Characters Have It? Which Don’t?” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2016/08/22/counsel-which-characters-have-it-which-dont/
- Part 4 “Fortitude: Which Characters Have It? Which Don’t?” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/fortitude-which-characters-have-it-which-dont/
- Part 5 “Knowledge: Which Characters Have It? Which Don’t?”
- Part 6 “Piety: Which Characters Have It? Which Don’t?” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2016/08/26/piety-which-characters-have-it-which-dont/
- Part 7 “Fear of the Lord: Which Characters Have It? Which Don’t? “https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/fear-of-the-lord-which-characters-have-it-which…
Never Give Up
Live with Enthusiasm
Celebrate Each Step You Take
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2016 Joan Y. Edwards
Join over 360 Valued Subscribers and receive entertaining, encouraging posts PLUS 3 free gifts:
1. Never Give Up image
2. 20 Affirmations for Writers
3. Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators