This is Day 28 of “Say Good Things February.”
Do you have a Never Give Up spirit? My answer for you is:
Yes, you have a Never Give Up spirit. You are determined. You follow through with projects until they are finished. You are dependable. You are trustworthy. You are honest. You are a good organizer. You are organized. You reward yourself for completing little steps. You are grateful for each step you take and all the material and tools you have to do the task at hand. You celebrate each day.
Repeat these affirmations using I instead of you.
Yes, I have a Never Give Up spirit. I am determined. I follow through with projects until they are finished. I am dependable. I am trustworthy. I am honest. I am a good organizer. I am disciplined. I reward myself for completing little steps. I am grateful for each step I take and all the material and tools I have to do the task at hand. I celebrate each day.
Here are resources to help you gain a firmer Never Give Up spirit:
- Heather Summerhayes Cariou. “Determined to Succeed: Some People Just Won’t Quit:” http://www.reliableplant.com/Read/27792/Determined-to-succeed-people/
- One Life Success. “8 Top Tips For… Determination – How To Keep Determined in Life:” http://www.onelifesuccess.net/top-tips-for-determination/
- Song Chengxiang. “The Secret of Really Good Affirmations:” http://www.trans4mind.com/counterpoint/index-success-abundance/chengxiang6.shtml
- Wiki How. “How to Be Determined to Achieve Something:” http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Determined-to-Achieve-Something/
My personal mantra since I was a little girl has been “Never Give Up.” I am very glad that God helped me understand how to use this spirit and share it with others.
I made up the story of Flip Flap Floodle when I was five years old. I told the story to anyone and every person who would listen to me from that age on.
It makes my heart sing when people tell me how much they love my book and illustrations. It makes me stand a little taller and smile when they tell me that singing Flip’s song helps them to remember that they can do it. Even though it looks like it’s the end of the world. God somehow inspires them with the answer or sends someone to help.
Joan Reid, a new follower of my blog, bought a copy of Flip Flap Floodle on Amazon the other day. Thank you, Joan for reading my blog, buying the book and reviewing it for me.
Here is her review:
Thank you for your review of Flip Flap Floodle, Joan Reid. You’re a jewel.
Don’t ever give up. Help is on the way. God will show you what to do. In Jeremiah 33:3 – God says, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”
Mary L. Kupferle wrote an essay called, “God Will Show You How:” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2009/12/07/god-will-show-you-how-by-mary-l-kupferle-public-domain/. I highly recommend it.
May God be with you, beside you, above you, below you, and be inside you.
To leave a comment, click here and scroll down.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2016 Joan Y. Edwards
www.joanyedwards.com (Gospel-related puzzles and skits)
Here are links all of the posts in my “Say Good Things February” series.
- Day 1 “You Are a Good Money Manager” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Tu
- Day 2 “You Are a Good Listener” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TU
- Day 3 “You Are a Clear Thinker” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Vc
- Day 4 “You Are Creative” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2VN
- Day 5 ”You Are a Great Writer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2W1
- Day 6 ”You Are a Great Illustrator http://wp.me/pFnvK-2WG
- Day 7 ”You Are a Great Organizer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Xv
- Day 8 ”When You Speak, People Listen” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XH
- Day 9 “You Have an Awesome Sense of Humor” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Y0
- Day 10 “You Are an Effective Teacher” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XY
- Day 11 “You Honor Your Body” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XW
- Day 12 “You’re a Strong Leader” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2YE
- Day 13 “You Are Courageous” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Z4
- Day 14 “You Are a Good Friend” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TT
- Day 15 “You Are a Superb Salesman” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zj
- Day 16 “You Are Patient” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zu
- Day 17 “You Are Fun” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2ZD
- Day 18 “You Are Perky” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31c
- Day 19 “You Make Good Decisions” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31s
- Day 20 “You Are Compassionate” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31q
- Day 21 “You Are Strong” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31N
- Day 22 “You Are Graceful” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XU
- Day 23 “You Are Forgiving” http://wp.me/pFnvK-326
- Day 24 “You Have a Sense of Belonging” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32l
- Day 25 “You Are Confident” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32J
- Day 26 “You Are Calm” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32N
- Day 27 “You Are Powerful” http://wp.me/pFnvK-330
- Day 28 “You Have a Never Give Up Spirit” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32Y
Join over 342 Valued Subscribers! You’ll be glad you did.
Subscribe now to receive Joan’s blog posts that will entertain, encourage, inspire you to never give up, PLUS 3 free gifts:
1. Never Give Up image
2. 20 Affirmations for Writers
3. Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators