“You Are Powerful” by Joan Y. Edwards
This is Day 27 of “Say Good Things February.”
Are you powerful? My answer for you is:
Yes, you are powerful. You obtain your power from God. You are more powerful than you realize. You use your power wisely. You are kind. You are compassionate. You are trustworthy. You focus on your goals. You build on your strengths. You share with others.
Repeat these affirmations using I to help make them more meaningful and effective for you. Write them on a poster. Hang it in your bathroom. Record them and listen to the recording. Repeat the affirmations a few times a day. The affirmations will help change your brain cells and enable you to become a firmer believer in yourself and your God-given abilities and learned skills.
Yes, I am powerful. I obtain my power from God. I am more powerful than I realize. I use my power wisely. I am kind. I am compassionate. I am trustworthy. I focus on my goals. I build on my strengths. I share with others.
Paul Hudson made an astounding statement in his “10 Things Really Powerful People Do Differently.” It may surprise you as it did me. Here’s what he said, “Basically, other people believing you are powerful makes you powerful. Power itself isn’t so much created as it is bestowed upon by those we interact with. The more people believe you to have worth and value, the more power you have.”
Here are three resources to help you discover where your strengths are and how to be more powerful:
- Margaret C. White. “5 Scientifically Backed Ways to Seem More Powerful:”
- Aimee Groth. “How to Become More Powerful:” http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-become-more-powerful-2011-12/?op=1
- Paul Hudson. “10 Things Really Powerful People Do Differently:” http://elitedaily.com/life/motivation/powerful-people-live-versus-dont/
I think most people are content as long as they don’t feel powerless. There are many times in my life when I’ve felt powerless. I may as well admit it. I can’t change the decisions other people have made. I can’t change the outcome of decisions I’ve made. When people are sick, I feel powerless in that I can’t help them personally to heal. However, I do know that God hears prayers and so I pray for people I believe are making wrong choices. I pray for people I know who are sick. I pray for those who are frightened. I pray for the poor.
You can’t fix things for everyone. One time I tried helping a friend who drank too much. He started scaring me with his behavior. He threatened to kill himself with a 22 shot-gun. I tried my best to help him build his self-esteem and give him better ways to view his world. But once he threatened to kill himself then I had to make a choice. I didn’t want him bringing a gun to my house. I didn’t want him to use the gun on himself.
I was going upstream without a paddle. While I was trying to figure out what God wanted me to do, I found an article that said, “If you have tried your best to help someone and it hasn’t worked out, pray that God send someone in their path who can help them.”
If you’re afraid for your safety because of someone’s behavior, pray that God help the troubled person and move him to a better environment.
So I prayed and prayed that God send someone to help my friend. And he did help him. My friend moved back to Texas which he missed so very much. I continue to pray for him when I think of him.
Sometimes in dangerous circumstances, it’s good to let go and let God do his work. And remove yourself and your family from danger.
Praying for someone isn’t giving up on them. It’s giving them the help they need.
Please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
Leave a comment by clicking here and scrolling down the page.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2016 Joan Y. Edwards
www.joanyedwards.com (Gospel-related puzzles and skits)
Here are links to other posts in my “Say Good Things February” series.
- Day 1 “You Are a Good Money Manager” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Tu
- Day 2 “You Are a Good Listener” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TU
- Day 3 “You Are a Clear Thinker” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Vc
- Day 4 “You Are Creative” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2VN
- Day 5 ”You Are a Great Writer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2W1
- Day 6 ”You Are a Great Illustrator http://wp.me/pFnvK-2WG
- Day 7 ”You Are a Great Organizer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Xv
- Day 8 ”When You Speak, People Listen” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XH
- Day 9 “You Have an Awesome Sense of Humor” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Y0
- Day 10 “You Are an Effective Teacher” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XY
- Day 11 “You Honor Your Body” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XW
- Day 12 “You’re a Strong Leader” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2YE
- Day 13 “You Are Courageous” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Z4
- Day 14 “You Are a Good Friend” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TT
- Day 15 “You Are a Superb Salesman” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zj
- Day 16 “You Are Patient” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zu
- Day 17 “You Are Fun” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2ZD
- Day 18 “You Are Perky” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31c
- Day 19 “You Make Good Decisions” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31s
- Day 20 “You Are Compassionate” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31q
- Day 21 “You Are Strong” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31N
- Day 22 “You Are Graceful” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XU
- Day 23 “You Are Forgiving” http://wp.me/pFnvK-326
- Day 24 “You Have a Sense of Belonging” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32l
- Day 25 “You Are Confident” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32J
- Day 26 “You Are Calm” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32N
- Day 27 “You Are Powerful” http://wp.me/pFnvK-330
- Day 28 “You Have a Never Give Up Spirit” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32Y
Join over 342 Valued Subscribers! You’ll be glad you did.
Subscribe now to receive Joan’s blog posts that will entertain, encourage, inspire you to never give up, PLUS 3 free gifts:
1. Never Give Up image
2. 20 Affirmations for Writers
3. Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators
Filed under: Health, say good things February, Spiritual | Tagged: powerless, symbol of character trait, symbol of power, you are more powerful than you realize, you are powerful, you have power, you obtain your power from God |