This is Day 26 of “Say Good Things February.”
Are you calm? My answer for you is:
Yes, you are calm. Your calm manner helps others. You are calm even during an emergency situations. You plan your actions before you act. You are relaxed. You calm yourself using many different ways. You take care of yourself.
Repeat these statements with “I” rather than “You” to make them true affirmations for you.
Yes, I am calm. My calm manner helps others remain calm, too. I am calm even during emergency situations. I plan my actions before I act. I am relaxed. I calm myself using many different ways. I take care of myself.
Here are three resources to help you become a calmer person:
- Carrie Barron, M.D. “How to Be a Calm Person:” https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-creativity-cure/201402/how-be-calm-person/
- Jacqueline Stone. “10 Everyday Habits to Make You a Calmer Person:” http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-17736/10-everyday-habits-to-make-you-a-calmer-person.html/
- Out of Stress. “10 Tips on How to Become a Calmer Person and Handle Pressure Better:” http://www.outofstress.com/become-calmer/
One time my daughter, Lorrie hurt herself really bad when she was little. Blood was going every which way. I panicked. I was so scared. I screamed. I yelled. It took me a minute to calm myself down and do something to help the situation. Of course, as time went on, I realized that panic doesn’t help any situation.
I think as you have more experience with a particular kind of emergency, you do better because you have more confidence about how it is going to turn out.
That’s one reason why having fire drills and evacuation drills are extremely helpful. It gets people into the habit of doing things as a ritual. This helps them get out safer.
I’ll share a funny story. When I was teaching fourth and fifth grade one year, I decided I would sit down on the floor with my students in the reading group. I had on high heels. The fire drill bell rang. I got up. However, one of my shoes fell off. My foot was asleep. It took a lot of strength for me and my class not to break down in loud fits of laughter. I hobbled on outside with my students and we all smiled.
If you’re not calm during a situation, be loving and kind to yourself. Accept yourself as you are. Realize that anyone else with the same thoughts and emotions as you would probably react the same way.
Please leave a comment and share one of your experiences where you were calm under pressure. I’d love to hear from you.
To leave a comment, click here and scroll down.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2016 Joan Y. Edwards
www.joanyedwards.com (Gospel-related puzzles and skits)
Here are links to other posts in my “Say Good Things February” series.
- Day 1 “You Are a Good Money Manager” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Tu
- Day 2 “You Are a Good Listener” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TU
- Day 3 “You Are a Clear Thinker” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Vc
- Day 4 “You Are Creative” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2VN
- Day 5 ”You Are a Great Writer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2W1
- Day 6 ”You Are a Great Illustrator http://wp.me/pFnvK-2WG
- Day 7 ”You Are a Great Organizer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Xv
- Day 8 ”When You Speak, People Listen” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XH
- Day 9 “You Have an Awesome Sense of Humor” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Y0
- Day 10 “You Are an Effective Teacher” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XY
- Day 11 “You Honor Your Body” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XW
- Day 12 “You’re a Strong Leader” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2YE
- Day 13 “You Are Courageous” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Z4
- Day 14 “You Are a Good Friend” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TT
- Day 15 “You Are a Superb Salesman” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zj
- Day 16 “You Are Patient” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zu
- Day 17 “You Are Fun” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2ZD
- Day 18 “You Are Perky” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31c
- Day 19 “You Make Good Decisions” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31s
- Day 20 “You Are Compassionate” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31q
- Day 21 “You Are Strong” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31N
- Day 22 “You Are Graceful” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XU
- Day 23 “You Are Forgiving” http://wp.me/pFnvK-326
- Day 24 “You Have a Sense of Belonging” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32l
- Day 25 You Are Confident” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32J
Join over 342 Valued Subscribers! You’ll be glad you did.
Subscribe now to receive Joan’s blog posts that will entertain, encourage, inspire you to never give up, PLUS 3 free gifts:
1. Never Give Up image
2. 20 Affirmations for Writers
3. Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators
Filed under: Health, say good things February, Spiritual | Tagged: are you calm, Logo for calm, symbol for calm, symbol for character trait, you are calm, you are calm during emeergency situations, you plan your actions, you take care of yourself, your calm manner helps others |