“You Are Confident” by Joan Y. Edwards
This is Day 25 of “Say Good Things February.”
Are you confident? My answer for you is:
Yes, you are confident. You believe in yourself. You have the skills and abilities to get the job done. You are comfortable stepping outside of your comfort zone. You pretend you can do it. You dress for success. You educate yourself on how to use the right tools. You learn the steps to complete goals. You observe other people to learn how they do what I want to do. You are prepared.
Repeat these statements with “I” rather than “You” to make them true affirmations for you.
Yes, I am confident. I believe in myself. I have the skills and abilities to get the job done. I am comfortable stepping outside of my comfort zone. I pretend I can do it. I dress for success. I educate myself on how to use the right tools. I learn the steps to complete goals. I observe other people to learn how they do what I want to do. I am prepared. I teach others; this helps me learn my skills on a deeper level.
Repeat them several times a day. You can make up 3×5 cards and carry them in your pocket to read and meditate. Believe in yourself. You can do more things than you’ve ever imagined. Dream it. See it in your mind. You can do it.
Here are resources to help you build your self-confidence:
- Minda Zetlin. “13 Easy Ways to Boost Your Confidence:” http://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/13-easy-ways-to-boost-your-confidence.html/
- Rhett Power. “10 Ways to Become a More Confident Person:” http://www.inc.com/rhett-power/10-ways-to-become-a-more-confident-person.html/
- Young Entrepreneur Council. “8 Ways to Be a More Confident Person:” http://www.success.com/article/8-ways-to-be-a-more-confident-person/
- Lindsay Holmes. “8 Scientifically-Backed Ways to Feel More Confident:” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/01/how-to-feel-confident_n_5724732.html/
I taught Kindergarten the last five years of my teaching career. I loved teaching kindergarten. I didn’t have to take papers home to check them. The students were fun and they enjoyed learning new things and being with each other.
One year I noticed many children fell as they were climbing across the monkey bars. I knew that if they fell and hurt an arm or leg, the parents would not be happy about it. So I told the students, you have to be able to tell me you can do it before I’ll let you try. They thought about it. I asked each student in line, “Can you go across the monkey bars?”
If he said, “Yes.” I’d tell them to go ahead. Remarkably all of them went across without falling. One day a little girl in my kindergarten class answered, “No.”
I said, “Oh, dear. We don’t want you to get hurt. Watch the other students climb across. Notice what they are doing with their arms and legs. Tell me when you think you can do it.”
In about ten minutes, she said, “I can do it.”
She was right. She did it not just once, but three or four times before the bell rang to go back inside the school.
Believing you can do things is half the battle.
Good luck in discovering that you have confidence and finding more ways to strengthen it.
Please leave a comment or ask a question. I’d love to hear from you.
To leave a comment, click here and scroll down.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2016 Joan Y. Edwards
www.joanyedwards.com (Gospel-related puzzles and skits)
Here are links to other posts in my “Say Good Things February” series.
- Day 1 “You Are a Good Money Manager” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Tu
- Day 2 “You Are a Good Listener” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TU
- Day 3 “You Are a Clear Thinker” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Vc
- Day 4 “You Are Creative” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2VN
- Day 5 ”You Are a Great Writer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2W1
- Day 6 ”You Are a Great Illustrator http://wp.me/pFnvK-2WG
- Day 7 ”You Are a Great Organizer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Xv
- Day 8 ”When You Speak, People Listen” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XH
- Day 9 “You Have an Awesome Sense of Humor” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Y0
- Day 10 “You Are an Effective Teacher” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XY
- Day 11 “You Honor Your Body” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XW
- Day 12 “You’re a Strong Leader” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2YE
- Day 13 “You Are Courageous” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Z4
- Day 14 “You Are a Good Friend” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TT
- Day 15 “You Are a Superb Salesman” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zj
- Day 16 “You Are Patient” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zu
- Day 17 “You Are Fun” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2ZD
- Day 18 “You Are Perky” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31c
- Day 19 “You Make Good Decisions” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31s
- Day 20 “You Are Compassionate” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31q
- Day 21 “You Are Strong” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31N
- Day 22 “You Are Graceful” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XU
- Day 23 “You Are Forgiving” http://wp.me/pFnvK-326
- Day 24 “You Have a Sense of Belonging” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32l
- Day 25 You Are Confident” http://wp.me/pFnvK-32J
Join over 342 Valued Subscribers! You’ll be glad you did.
Subscribe now to receive Joan’s blog posts that will entertain, encourage, inspire you to never give up, PLUS 3 free gifts:
1. Never Give Up image
2. 20 Affirmations for Writers
3. Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators
Filed under: Health, say good things February, Spiritual | Tagged: character trait symbol, confident, symbol for confident, you are comfortable stepping oustide of your comfort zone, you believe in yourself, you have the skills and abilities to get the job done |