This is Day 23 of “Say Good Things February.”
Are you forgiving? My answer for you is:
Yes, you are forgiving. You forgive yourself and others. You accept yourself and others. You are at peace with yourself and others.
Repeat these statements with “I” rather than “You” to make them true affirmations for you.
Yes, I am forgiving. I forgive myself and others. I accept myself and others. I am at peace with myself and others.
When others doubt your strength, you may do a little doubting yourself. It’s important to instill in yourself an unwavering belief in your strengths. Believe it is possible that you forgive yourself and others.
Meditate. Pray. Talk with your spiritual minister or counselor. They may help you see how to forgive.
Jesus Christ was one person who told us the benefits of forgiveness. Here are New Testament quotes that might be meaningful to you.
- Matthew 6:14-15 “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”
- Mark 11:25 “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
- John 8:7 “When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”
Alexander Pope says, “To err is human; to forgive divine.”
Lewis B. Smedes says, “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.”
- Bible Study Tools. “Forgiveness:” http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/forgiveness-bible-verses/
- Brainy Quotes. “Forgiveness:” http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_forgiveness.html/
- Got Questions. “What is the meaning of the Parable of the Prodigal Son?” http://www.gotquestions.org/parable-prodigal-son.html/
- Joan Y. Edwards. “Let It Go:” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2LE/
- Kate Swoboda. “How to Forgive When You Don’t Really Want to:” http://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-to-forgive-when-you-dont-really-want-to/
- Phillip Moffittt. “Forgiving the Unforgiveable:” http://dharmawisdom.org/teachings/articles/forgiving-unforgivable
Please leave a comment or ask a question. I’d love to hear from you.
To leave a comment, click here and scroll down.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2016 Joan Y. Edwards
www.joanyedwards.com (Gospel-related puzzles and skits)
Here are links to other posts in my “Say Good Things February” series.
- Day 1 “You Are a Good Money Manager” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Tu
- Day 2 “You Are a Good Listener” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TU
- Day 3 “You Are a Clear Thinker” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Vc
- Day 4 “You Are Creative” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2VN
- Day 5 ”You Are a Great Writer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2W1
- Day 6 ”You Are a Great Illustrator http://wp.me/pFnvK-2WG
- Day 7 ”You Are a Great Organizer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Xv
- Day 8 ”When You Speak, People Listen” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XH
- Day 9 “You Have an Awesome Sense of Humor” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Y0
- Day 10 “You Are an Effective Teacher” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XY
- Day 11 “You Honor Your Body” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XW
- Day 12 “You’re a Strong Leader” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2YE
- Day 13 “You Are Courageous” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Z4
- Day 14 “You Are a Good Friend” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TT
- Day 15 “You Are a Superb Salesman” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zj
- Day 16 “You Are Patient” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zu
- Day 17 “You Are Fun” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2ZD
- Day 18 “You Are Perky” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31c
- Day 19 “You Make Good Decisions” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31s
- Day 20 “You Are Compassionate” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31q
- Day 21 “You Are Strong” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31N
- Day 22 “You Are Graceful” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XU
Join over 347 Valued Subscribers! You’ll be glad you did.
Subscribe now to receive Joan’s blog posts that will entertain, encourage, inspire you to never give up, PLUS 3 free gifts:
1. Never Give Up image
2. 20 Affirmations for Writers
3. Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators