“You Are Strong” by Joan Y. Edwards
This is Day 21 of “Say Good Things February.”
Are you strong? My answer to you follows:
You are strong. You are strong physically. You are strong mentally. You have the strength to handle any problem that comes your way. You are tough.
Repeat these statements with “I” rather than “You” to make them true affirmations for you.
I am strong. I am strong physically. I am strong mentally. I have the strength to handle any problem that comes my way. I am tough.
It’s interesting that when others doubt your strength, you begin to do a little doubting yourself. It’s important to instill in you an unwavering belief in your strength.
It’s amazing how strong you are. You don’t realize your own strength. Many times you may think you are weak; however, you are stronger than all those around you. God will send you all the strength you need to face the experiences yin your life. Believe it.
Yes, you have weaknesses. However, don’t focus on your weaknesses. What you focus on is going to get bigger. You don’t want big holes to show up in your weaknesses and make them become even weaker. Focus on building your strengths and strengthening yourself.
Talk to others who’ve had similar experiences and find out what worked best for them; take a class online or in person to improve your skills. Meditate. Pray. Education and experience of trial and error will teach you what you need to know and do to improve. Each experience you have makes you stronger.
Study new ways to become stronger and put them into action. Keep saying these affirmations. Your subconscious mind will lead you to become stronger and stronger. Believe it’s possible. Believe it’s true. Believe in you. Love yourself. Love your strong body and mind.
Here are four articles to help you build your strengths:
- Jeremy Hoefs.”How to Make Yourself Physically Tougher:” http://www.livestrong.com/article/513111-how-to-make-yourself-physically-tougher/
- Jody Turner and Jerry Ketel. “5 Ways to Discover and Develop Your Unique Strengths:” http://www.fastcompany.com/1807534/5-ways-discover-and-develop-your-unique-strengths
- Stew Smith. “Mental Toughness:” http://www.military.com/military-fitness/navy-special-operations/mental-toughness
- Wiki How. “How to Be Tough:” http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Tough
One day I learned that I was getting a new boss. This boss was the same boss I’d purposely left because of our inability to get along. That day I dropped to my knees on the floor. I was definitely weak that day. I felt like I couldn’t handle this new situation. But, guess what! I did. I became stronger because of this situation. I said to myself, “This is not going to defeat me. I can do this.”
I also had God’s help and the support of my co-workers. But the main thing is I had to believe in myself. I had to believe good things about me, not what my boss said about me. Did my boss reflect my true thoughts about myself? Some studies say that others reflect your true beliefs about yourself. It was time for a change. A BIG change.
I loved teaching. If I was going to teach, I had to believe better things about me. I had to lower the impact of my weaknesses. I had to act like a person who could handle it. It’s funny that once you pretend you have the traits, they rub off on you. Believe in you. You can do it.
I hope that you find that using affirmations gives you a stronger belief in you, your skills, abilities, and that you will have more positive experiences. Thanks for reading my blog. I hope you’ll share the post with others. Please feel free to ask questions and tell me stories about being times when your strength to handle something surprised you. I’d love to hear from you!
To leave a comment, click here and scroll down.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2016 Joan Y. Edwards
www.joanyedwards.com (Gospel-related puzzles and skits)
Here are links to other posts in my “Say Good Things February” series.
- Day 1 “You Are a Good Money Manager” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Tu
- Day 2 “You Are a Good Listener” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TU
- Day 3 “You Are a Clear Thinker” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Vc
- Day 4 “You Are Creative” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2VN
- Day 5 ”You Are a Great Writer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2W1
- Day 6 ”You Are a Great Illustrator http://wp.me/pFnvK-2WG
- Day 7 ”You Are a Great Organizer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Xv
- Day 8 ”When You Speak, People Listen” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XH
- Day 9 “You Have an Awesome Sense of Humor” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Y0
- Day 10 “You Are an Effective Teacher” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XY
- Day 11 “You Honor Your Body” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XW
- Day 12 “You’re a Strong Leader” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2YE
- Day 13 “You Are Courageous” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Z4
- Day 14 “You Are a Good Friend” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TT
- Day 15 “You Are a Superb Salesman” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zj
- Day 16 “You Are Patient” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zu
- Day 17 “You Are Fun” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2ZD
- Day 18 “You Are Perky” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31c
- Day 19 “You Make Good Decisions” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31s
- Day 20 “You Are Compassionate” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31q
Join over 347 Valued Subscribers! You’ll be glad you did.
Subscribe now to receive Joan’s blog posts that will entertain, encourage, inspire you to never give up, PLUS 3 free gifts:
1. Never Give Up image
2. 20 Affirmations for Writers
3. Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators
Filed under: Health, say good things February, Spiritual | Tagged: Are you strong? you are strong. how to make yourself stronger, build your strengths, focus on your strengths, how to be stronger, lower the impact of your weaknesses, strengths |