This is Day 20 of “Say Good Things February.”
Are you compassionate? My answer for you follows:
You are compassionate. You feel and show sorrow for others when they are stricken by misfortune. You have a strong desire to make things better for others. You show concern for others. You are caring.
Repeat these statements with “I” rather than “You” to make them true affirmations for you.
I am compassionate. I feel and show sorrow for others when they are stricken by misfortune. I have a strong desire to make things better for others. I feel and show concern for others. I am caring.
Here are resources to help you be compassionate:
- Independence Blog. “10 Ways of Showing Compassion:” http://www.cc-sd.edu/blog/10-ways-of-showing-compassion/
- Kara B. “8 Ways to Show Compassion in Everyday Life:” http://www.mindfueldaily.com/livewell/8-ways-to-show-compassion-in-everyday-life/
- Montessori Rocks. “10 Ways to Show Compassion:” http://montessorirocks.org/10-ways-to-show-compassion/
- Power of Positivity. “7 Ways to Show Compassion to Others:” https://www.powerofpositivity.com/7-ways-show-compassion-others/
- Rebecca Webber, John Mastrojohn, Helen Riess, Jim Liske;, Melinda Gates, and Carrie Cole. “Five Small Ways to Show Compassion:” http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/life-strategies/how-to-show-compassion/
It’s interesting that when others doubt your compassion for others, you begin to do a little doubting yourself. It’s important to instill in you an unwavering belief in your compassion.
I’ll share a funny story with you.
When I was about 7 years old, we moved from Tucker, Georgia to Falls Church, Virginia. We moved into a two-story three-bedroom house on Birch Street. One night I heard a baby crying in the wee hours of the night. I cried and cried. Mother came into my bedroom and asked me, “What’s wrong?”
“A baby’s crying. No one’s trying to help it. Why don’t those parents help the baby so it’ll stop crying?”
Mother said, “Look out the window. See those cats out there on the fence. Those cats are doing the wailing, not a baby at all.”
“What?” I asked. “Let me see.”
I looked out the window. Sure enough there were cats on the fence. I stopped crying as Mother and I watched and listened to the cats for a few more minutes. I laughed. “Boy, Momma, they sure fooled me.”
Once I knew the cat had played a trick on me, I went sound asleep.
So it seems that I had compassion for two cats that night.
Once you focus on being compassionate, you’ll find many ways to show your compassion for others. Compassion is not pity. In my experience, people do not want anyone to pity them. Compassion is sympathy.
Study new ways to make good decisions and put them into action. Your subconscious mind will lead you to make good decisions. Believe it’s possible. Believe it’s true. Believe in you. Love yourself. Love your compassion for yourself and others.
I hope that you find that using affirmations gives you a stronger belief in you, your skills, abilities, and positive experiences. Thanks for reading my blog. I hope you’ll share the post with others. Please feel free to ask questions and tell me stories about being times when someone showed compassion for you or when you showed compassion for others. I’d love to hear from you!
To leave a comment, click here and scroll down.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2016 Joan Y. Edwards
www.joanyedwards.com (Gospel-related puzzles and skits)
Here are links to other posts in my “Say Good Things February” series.
- Day 1 “You Are a Good Money Manager” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Tu
- Day 2 “You Are a Good Listener” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TU
- Day 3 “You Are a Clear Thinker” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Vc
- Day 4 “You Are Creative” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2VN
- Day 5 ”You Are a Great Writer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2W1
- Day 6 ”You Are a Great Illustrator http://wp.me/pFnvK-2WG
- Day 7 ”You Are a Great Organizer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Xv
- Day 8 ”When You Speak, People Listen” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XH
- Day 9 “You Have an Awesome Sense of Humor” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Y0
- Day 10 “You Are an Effective Teacher” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XY
- Day 11 “You Honor Your Body” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XW
- Day 12 “You’re a Strong Leader” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2YE
- Day 13 “You Are Courageous” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Z4
- Day 14 “You Are a Good Friend” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TT
- Day 15 “You Are a Superb Salesman” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zj
- Day 16 “You Are Patient” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zu
- Day 17 “You Are Fun” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2ZD
- Day 18 “You Are Perky” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31c
- Day 19 “You Make Good Decisions” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31s
Join over 347 Valued Subscribers! You’ll be glad you did.
Subscribe now to receive Joan’s blog posts that will entertain, encourage, inspire you to never give up, PLUS 3 free gifts:
1. Never Give Up image
2. 20 Affirmations for Writers
3. Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators