“You Are Perky” by Joan Y. Edwards
This is Day 18 of “Say Good Things February.”
Are you perky? My answer for you follows:
You are perky. You are energetic. You are enthusiastic. You are kind. You are lively in manner and appearance. You are a spiffy dresser. You are stylish. You are active. You are spirited. You have high energy. You are peppy. You are vivacious. You are spunky. You are upbeat. You are happy. You are intelligent. You are street smart. You have common sense. You are confident.
Repeat these statements with “I” rather than “You” to make them true affirmations for you.
I am perky. I am energetic. I am enthusiastic. I am kind. I am lively in manner and appearance. I am a spiffy dresser. I am stylish. I am active. I am spirited. I have high energy. I am peppy. I am vivacious. I am spunky. I am upbeat. I am happy. I am intelligent. I am street smart. I have common sense. I am confident.
Here are five resources to help you be perky.
- Filip Tkaczyk. “Basic Survival Skills:” http://www.wildernesscollege.com/basic-survival-skills.html
- Spear Survival. “S.P.E.A.R. Survival:” http://spearsurvival.net/
- Wiki How. “How to Act Perky:” http://www.wikihow.com/Act-Perky
- Teachers Pay Teachers. “SLANT:” https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/SLANT-Listening-Poster-1388435
- Doug Lemov. Teach Like a Champion: http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Like-Champion-2-0-Techniques/dp/1118901851/
One year when I was teaching school, a principal told me during my evaluation that I wasn’t perky. And so he cut me down a few points because of it. So that night I figured out an acronym for PERKY. I taught it to my students and instilled it in myself:
Yes, Ma’am (Be Polite)
Someone who is perky, pays attention, is enthusiastic, is responsible for his actions, is kind, and is polite (says Yes, or No, Ma’am instead of yep, uh-huh, nope, etc.
In 1986 a student shared with me what he learned at his former school. It came from Doug Lemov’s book, Teach Like a Champion.
- SIT UP.
- LEAN IN.
- ACT INTERESTED..
- NOD IN AGREEMENT.
- TRACK THE SPEAKER.
When I was searching for qualities you need to have to survive, I found A SPEAR plan.
- EXECUTE (Tell people what to do. Get people in place)
When you come across a situation that needs organization…like Policemen, Firefighters, Teachers, Fathers, Mothers…anyone young or old. When you plan your spear attack to a problem, you’re definitely being smart and perky.
When you have trouble mastering a positive affirmation, you may discover, like me, that a voice in your head keeps saying the opposite belief. This voice becomes very big at times. It may even shout at you and sell you on the idea that you’re not capable of doing what you declare. If this happens to you, you may need more of God’s help to believe in all facets of perkiness or talk with a good friend who may point out that you have these qualities and you just don’t realize it.
If you keep saying the positive affirmations, study new ways to become more perky, and put them into action, your subconscious mind will lead you to make it true. Believe it’s possible. You must believe it’s true. Believe in you. Love yourself. Love your perky self..
I hope that you find that using affirmations gives you a stronger belief in you, your skills, abilities, and positive experiences. Thanks for reading my blog. I hope you’ll share the post with others. Please feel free to ask questions and tell me stories about being perky or perky people you know in the comment area. I’d love to hear from you!
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2016 Joan Y. Edwards
www.joanyedwards.com (Gospel-related puzzles and skits)
- Day 1 “You Are a Good Money Manager” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Tu
- Day 2 “You Are a Good Listener” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TU
- Day 3 “You Are a Clear Thinker” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Vc
- Day 4 “You Are Creative” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2VN
- Day 5 “You Are a Great Writer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2W1
- Day 6 “You Are a Great Illustrator http://wp.me/pFnvK-2WG
- Day 7 “You Are a Great Organizer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Xv
- Day 8 “When You Speak, People Listen” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XH
- Day 9 “You Have an Awesome Sense of Humor” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Y0
- Day 10 “You Are an Effective Teacher” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XY
- Day 11 “You Honor Your Body” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XW
- Day 12 “You’re a Strong Leader” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2YE
- Day 13 “You Are Courageous” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Z4
- Day 14 “You Are a Good Friend” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TT
- Day 15 “You Are a Superb Salesman” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zj
- Day 16 “You Are Patient” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zu
- Day 17 “You Are Fun” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2ZD
- Day 18 (This post) “You Are Perky” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31c/
- Day 19 “You Make Good Decisions” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31s
Join over 347 Valued Subscribers! You’ll be glad you did.
Subscribe now to receive Joan’s blog posts that will entertain, encourage, inspire you to never give up, PLUS 3 free gifts:
1. Never Give Up image
2. 20 Affirmations for Writers
3. Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators
Filed under: Health, say good things February | Tagged: Are you perky? you are perky, common sense, energetiic, enthusiastic, happy, high energy, intelligent, PERKY, SLANT, SPEAR, street smart, stylish |