“Say Good Things February” by Joan Y. Edwards
During February I plan to write a post every day that is a compliment for you. A statement of affirmation about who you are and what you can do. A positive statement to lift your spirits. By doing this I hope it’ll make you feel good and that you might share a good things message with your family, friends, acquaintances, and strangers either by phone, by email, by card, by letter, in person, in a post, on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus. When someone gives you a compliment, let the words soak into your heart and fill you with delight. Enjoy that moment. Smile and say, “Thank you very much.”
What you say affects other people in ways you might never guess.
When I was in Harris Teeter in October 2015, I saw a young man around thirty years old wearing a red plaid shirt walking towards me with his buggy. We made eye contact. I said, “I like your shirt.”
He said, “Thank you.”
He touched the sleeve of his shirt and told me, “I’ve been thinking about my grandpappy a lot lately. He died a few years ago. He used to wear a shirt like this all the time.”
I said, “That’s good that you have that shirt to remind you of your grandfather. You must really miss him. What do you remember about him?”
He said, “He was a farmer. He’d sit on his tractor plowing the fields in his red plaid shirt. He was as mean as a snake.”
That sort of shocked me. I giggled a little. He smiled.
He said, “But he would do anything for you. If you needed him, he was there for you. He helped his neighbors. He helped me.”
I thanked him for sharing the story about his grandpappy and the red plaid shirt. He said, “You’re welcome. I enjoyed talking with you.”
And we went on with our buggies buying groceries.
I think about that young man often and how great it was that his grandfather was there for him. I was glad to be there to help that young man grieve for his grandpappy.
So be thinking of good things you can say to yourself and to others. I hope you’ll join me. You can use the image I created on your blog if you decide to join me in posting “Say Good Things.”
Thanks for reading my blog. Feel free to ask questions and share your ideas in the comment area. I’d love to hear from you!
Here are the posts so far for my “Say Good Things February:”
- Day 1 “You Are a Good Money Manager” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Tu
- Day 2 “You Are a Good Listener” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TU
- Day 3 “You Are a Clear Thinker” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Vc
- Day 4 “You Are Creative” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2VN
- Day 5 ”You Are a Great Writer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2W1
- Day 6 ”You Are a Great Illustrator http://wp.me/pFnvK-2WG
- Day 7 ”You Are a Great Organizer” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Xv
- Day 8 ”When You Speak, People Listen” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XH
- Day 9 “You Have an Awesome Sense of Humor” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Y0
- Day 10 “You Are an Effective Teacher” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XY
- Day 11 “You Honor Your Body” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2XW
- Day 12 “You’re a Strong Leader” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2YE
- Day 13 “You Are Courageous” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Z4
- Day 14 “You Are a Good Friend” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2TT
- Day 15 “You Are a Superb Salesman” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zj
- Day 16 “You Are Patient” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2Zu
- Day 17 “You Are Fun” http://wp.me/pFnvK-2ZD
- Day 18 “You Are Perky” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31c
- Day 19 “You Make Good Decisions” http://wp.me/pFnvK-31s
To leave a comment, click here.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2016 Joan Y. Edwards
www.joanyedwards.com (Gospel-related puzzles and skits)
Join over 340 Valued Subscribers! You’ll be glad you did.
Subscribe now to receive Joan’s blog posts that will entertain, encourage, inspire you to never give up, PLUS 3 free gifts:
1. Never Give Up image
2. 20 Affirmations for Writers
3. Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators