“12 Affirmations that Lead to Publication” by Joan Y. Edwards
Here are affirmations/goal statements for you. Good to write any month of the year. These are not the same as the 12 affirmations that you receive for subscribing to my blog. Copy them down as they are or change them to suit your personality and need.
- I believe in me and my writing.
- I write fiction or non-fiction.
- I study the writing of best-selling authors.
- I revise my work three times before I send it off for critique.
- I get my writing critiqued.
- I revise and change only the suggestions that I agree with 100%.
- I set a date every month (two months, three months, etc) to submit my manuscript.
- I follow the guidelines of my chosen publisher, agency, critique group, or contest and get my query/cover letter, proposal and manuscript in order.
- I submit my manuscript (once a month, every three months, every six months). It leads me 100 steps closer to publication and has 100% more successful track record for publication than not submitting. The world needs to hear my voice.
- I receive book contracts in the mail. There is power in my words. If I’m going to get what you say, I may as well say what I really want.
- My book is published. I visualize the book cover. I make a draft book cover using stick figures or images from www.morguefile.com or other free image site.
- Thousands of people buy my book from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and other book sellers.
So drop your excuses. Click on the Pub Subber links below for steps to get your manuscript ready for submission. Take days, weeks, or months but, get the necessary critiques, final proofs, queries, cover letters, proposals, or other documents ready. Submit your manuscript. The links have detailed steps. I listed a few of the main parts to help you visualize the process.
Week 1 Send manuscript off for final critique before submission. Choose publisher or agent. Print Guidelines.
Week 2 Write pitch, query, cover letter, proposal, etc. to make a good impression.
Week 3 Proof read everything. Submit this week.
Week 4 Celebrate life. Write another story.
Good luck in your publication. Believe in you and your writing.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2015 Joan Y. Edwards