“What Can You Do with a 3″ x 5” Index Card?” by Joan Y. Edwards
Here are seven things you can do with a 3″ x 5″ inch index card:
- Fan yourself when it’s hot.
- Draw a picture on it and color it.
- Draw a map on it.
- Cut out a design.
- Glue the bottom and two sides to make a pocket
- Write words on one side or both sides.
- Fold it into a very tiny boat or other design.
If you’re inclined to write words on it, here are 20 suggestions of what to write on an index card:
- Leave a thank you note.
- Write a compliment for someone.
- Put a recipe on it.
- Write a list of top 3 must do items for the day.
- Write a list of stores where you shop.
- Make a grocery list.
- Make a list of your best friends and why you like them and what emotion you feel when you think of them.
- Make a list for Santa Claus.
- Make a list of reasons you’d visit someone.
- Put name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Write a list of 3 of your favorite movies and the emotion they bring to mind when you say the title.
- Write a list of 3 of your favorite TV shows and the action scene you liked best in each one.
- Write a list of 3 of your favorite books in a particular genre.
- Write a pitch for your story on it.
- Write a character sketch on it.
- Make a list of scenes for a book.
- Write number facts.
- Write spelling words for the week.
- Write new vocabulary words you want to learn and/or use in a blog post.
- Write possible test questions and your answer.
If you want to know about a few great digital note-taking ideas, check out my blog: Digital Notes – Post-It Notes and Sticky Notes https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/digital-notes-post-it-notes-and-sticky-notes/
- “How to Use 3×5 Cards,”Levenger.com, http://www.levenger.com/3-x-5-cards-705.aspx
- Microsoft Templates for 3×5 and 4×6 Index Cards,” http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/index-cards-3-x5-and-4-x6-TC010253801.aspx
- Digital Notes – Post-It Notes and Sticky Notes https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/digital-notes-post-it-notes-and-sticky-notes/
Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment to let me know what you do with 3″ x 5″ index cards.
Celebrate you right now.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2014 Joan Y. Edwards
241 Subscribers (Thank you.)
Please subscribe to Joan’s Never Give Up blog by email from the left-hand column. You’ll receive new blog posts filled with inspiration and information in your inbox as soon as she uploads them.
PLUS 2 FREE GIFTS:
Never Give Up image
12 Affirmations for Writers.
Filed under: Writing | Tagged: 20 things to write on a 3"x5" index card, 7 things to do with a 3"x5" index card, character sketch, cut out a design, draw a map, draw a picture, fan, fold it into a tiny boat, Index Card, make a pocket, map, pitch, scenes, write a li9w5, write a list |