“Register Now – Free Muse Online Writers Conference, Oct. 7-13, 2013” by Joan Y. Edwards
Free Muse Online Writers Conference Deadline for registration: Tuesday, October 1, 2013. Register now.
October 7-13, 2013: For writers of all genres. Pitch Sessions with Publishers and Agents. Oodles of workshops. Last year there were over 50 to choose from. I’ll present 3 workshops this year. Each has a chat session to accompany it. Registration details follow the workshop descriptions.
Please let me know if you registered so I can look forward to seeing you there.
Workshop 1 – 33 Ways to Correct, Trim and Enhance Your Manuscript
This workshop explains the 7 items below plus 26 other ideas to make your manuscript shine.
- Replace telling words with vivid words that show emotions and the action responses.
- Cut words that do not carry the plot, character, and/or emotional theme forward.
- Make certain that every word in your backstory is crucial information.
- Delete or replace over-used words.
- Get rid of passive voice.
- Cut the adverbs.
- Use the word “said” in dialogue tags.
Workshop 2 – Be a Pub Subber – Submit Your Manuscript
Step-by-Step plan to submit your manuscript(s) on a regular basis.
Week 1 Find 3 possible publishers, agents, or contests for your manuscript.
Week 2 Write pitch, query letter, cover letter, proposal, resume, and or biography
Week 3 Revise, print, proof and submit per guidelines
Week 4 Live, study, read, write, celebrate, improve your writing “mojo”
Workshop 3 – How to Write a Pitch That Sells
Share your present pitch. What is a pitch? How many words should a pitch be? Why does a writer need a pitch for his book? Study pitches of the pros. Write a pitch for a favorite book. There are exercises to get you going. Create an effective pitch for your story that no editor, agent, or reader will be able to turn down.
I’d love to have you join me and the other presenters and participants at the Muse Online Writers Conference, October 7-13:
Here’s the link with the schedule and names of people doing pitches and directions to ask to pitch:
2 STEP Registration details follow:
- First, you register for the forum: Register as a member of MUSE forum. Make note of the user name and password you choose.
- Now log in on this same page. Answer the poll with Register me for the 2013 Muse Online Writers Conference: Then you’ll be registered for the 2013 Conference.
PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK to make sure you’re registered for the 2013 conference: The screen should look like this (4 notes):
CLICK THE LINK BELOW: After you log in, If you can see a message from me in the conference, you are duly registered. http://themuseonlinewritersconference.com/forum_new/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6
If you have any trouble, email me at the email address in the left hand column and I’ll help you or forward your letter to someone who can help.