“20 Reasons to Submit Your Manuscript” by Joan Y. Edwards
When should you submit your manuscript?
- When the manuscript is the best you can do at this particular moment in time.
- When you believe with unwavering faith that there is a market for your manuscript.
- When your manuscript is correct in formatting, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- When your manuscript content meets the genre guidelines of the selected publisher or agent.
If you don’t believe your manuscript will be published, change your thinking and/or change your manuscript.
Before you hit the send button for electronic submissions, see a picture of the cover of your book, and say: “This company buys this manuscript. Thank you, God for helping me get this book published.”
Before you put the envelope with the stamps in the mailbox or hand it to the counter person at the Post Office, see a picture of the cover of you book and say: “This company buys my manuscript.” Say the Our Father or other prayer as you leave the Post Office.
Question: How many times should you submit your manuscript?
Answer: As many times as it takes to receive a contract for publication.
20 Reasons to Submit Your Manuscript
- It’s healthy.
- It’ll make you smile.
- Your book will get published sooner.
- People need the information you are writing now.
- People are waiting to read what you write.
- It takes you one step closer to publication.
- It is a big milestone in your life as a writer.
- It will take you to a higher level of thinking.
- It frees you to write a new manuscript.
- It opens up unlimited possibilities.
- It shows your unwavering faith in you and your story.
- It solidifies the image of your published book in your mind.
- It will excite the child within you for weeks.
- It gives you a great reason to celebrate you.
- It will create visions of money in your head.
- It will give you a reason to be proud of yourself.
- It will enable you to take the next step in your writing career.
- It gives you a sense of well-being.
- It builds confidence in you and your capabilities as a writer.
- It will make God proud of you.
What Are Step-by-Step Directions for Submission?
Here are links to pages with step-by-step directions for submissions that lead to publication:
Pub Sub Directions
- Week One
- Week Two
- Week Three Submit your manuscript before the end of this month. Pub Subbing aims for the Third Friday, but earlier or later is fine.
- Week Four
Thank you for reading my blog. Please share your thoughts with me. Would you like information on a topic about writing, submission, or what to do to keep on going? Let me know.
Subscribe to my blog to receive a free gift, click “Sign Me Up” in the left hand column.
Like the Pub Subbers page on Facebook:
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2013 Joan Y. Edwards
Filed under: Marketing, Writing | Tagged: #pubsub3rdfri, 20 Reasons to Submit Your Manuscript, Author, believe with unwavering faith, get published, God, Literary agent, manuscript, Post Office, Pub Sub, publish, publishers, step-by-step directions for submitting a manuscript, submit, submit your story, When should you submit your manuscript |