“Celebrate 50,000 Views with Me” by Joan Y. Edwards
On October 9, 2009 I decided to start a blog. I had no idea what I would write about, my goal was to write things to encourage people to never give up on their hopes and dreams. Today 44 months later, I reached 50,000 views. Yee Haw! What a fun experience! Last night I was waiting like someone waiting for the ballots to come in for an election. At 11:30 there were 3 to go. Sometime early this morning, the tally of reads for my blog reached 50,000. That equals 1,136 reads a month.
In my blog, I write:
- Things that interest me.
- Topics requested by my readers.
- Things I know from experience.
- Things I discover through research.
What do I get out of my blogging experience?
- Interacting with people wonderful people who like the same things as I do.
- A great feeling of helping others when people say these words to me:
- “Your blog is addictive” …Karen Tomas.
- “You motivated me to take action.”
- “You inspired me to keep on going.”
- “You gave me great information.”
- “I’m saving a link to your blog for future reference.”
- “You made me laugh.”
- “Your simple steps make it easy for me to understand.”
My Top Twelve Posts with the number of reads beside them.
- How Many Words Should Your Sentences Contain? 5,153
- Family Sewing Projects – Jedi Robes and Princess Leia Ponchos 2,843
- Put Universal Conflict, Theme, and Emotions in Your Story 1,882
- 17 Days to Repaint a Wooden French Provincial Bed 1,879
- What Is Your Story’s Premise? Editors Want to Know 1,646
- Wonderfully Funny Analogies and Metaphors 1,560
- Eight Character Archetypes to Emphasize the Conflict in Your Story 1,423
- Twelve Ways to Get Over Disappointment 847
- What I Learned about the Adams Literary Agency 757
- God Will Show You How by Mary L. Kupferle public domain 536
- God’s Emergency Phone List 534
- 18 Publishers Who Accept Unsolicited Manuscripts 498
I held a Hangout on GooglePlus+ on Monday, May 20, 2013 from 7:00-9:00 p.m to celebrate my 50,000 reads. It was entitled: “How to Make Your Blog Zing.” June Phyllis Baker joined me. Thank you, June. I didn’t see the button to choose Hangout on the Air, so it wasn’t recorded. It’s really a neat way to get together for a meeting. Thanks, Google.
Giveaway – Free $50.00 value
Free 30 minutes personal consultation to
Make Your Blog Zing
Everyone who leaves a comment on this blog post before midnight Thursday, May 23, 2013 will have a chance to win a free 30 minutes personal consultation by phone or Skype or FaceTime or other web-cam or other computer method agreed upon to help the lucky winner Make Your Blog Zing. If you’re the winner, I’ll analyze your blog:
- Make suggestions on how to improve what you’re already doing.
- Give tips on how to organize your time.
- Most importantly, answer your questions about your blog.
To celebrate 50,000, here is a new Never Give Up log you can use on your emails, websites, or blogs. Thank you for reading my blog.
I sent a new Never Give Up Go. Go. Go. logo to all subscribers for whom I have an email address. If you are subscribed and didn’t receive it, email me at the email address in the left-hand column and let me know.
|Connect with me. I’d be honored.|
Celebrate you today.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2013 Joan Y. Edwards
Filed under: Blogs, Marketing, Writing | Tagged: celebrate 50000 reads on blog, celebrate 50000 views, free 30 minutes personal consultation to Make Your Blog Zing, free giveaway, free Never Give Up logo, googleplus+ hangout, Joan Y. Edwards, Joan Y. Edwards celebrates 50000 views on blog |