“9 Reasons to Use Google Plus+” by Joan Y. Edwards
Here are 9 reasons to use Google Plus+. It has many ways to help you with marketing.
1. Google plus has circles. You decide what the name of your circles are. Here are the names of circles I chose to have on Google Plus. You will communicate with the people in these groups.
You can name the circles whatever you wish. Just click, add circle and give it the name you like. No one but you knows the name of your circles and who is in them. You can put people in more than one circle. You choose which circle(s) receive your shared post.
On Facebook, I have to share on my friends page, on my author page, and on the PubSubber Page, separately. On Google, I could do all three, if I had all those connections in a circle.
2. People do not know which circle you put them in. You can put people in as many circles as you want. For instance, some people might be friends and writers. If your product is for men, you could make a circle consisting only of men. Then you could target this particular circle of men with posts about how every man needs “YOUR PRODUCT.”
3. The Google Plus Profile Page has a place to broadcast your blog(s) or website(s). Put a place on your blog(s) and your website(s) for people to follow you on Google Plus.
4. You can gain new connections. Perhaps new customers for your product or service. And as marketing consultant, Linda Sherman, wrote in a recent blog post, “ can give you access to influencers who might not notice you elsewhere.”
5. You can make a page for a business, blog, book, product, or service. I made a simple one for Flip Flap Floodle and for Joan’s Elder Care Guide. I may add one for this blog. It’ll all be in one place.
6. You can add people to a circle using their email address. If you have a Gmail account, it’ll use your contacts, if you want to ask if you wish to add them to a circle. Then it sends an email asking them if they’d like to join Google Plus and add you to their circles.
7. You can add your location, remember special events, post pictures, videos, and links.
8. Having more information on Google Plus may give you more hits on your blogs or websites which will help you statistics, gain your audience, and hopefully increase your sales.
9. Google Plus has Hangouts. A hangout is similar to Skype or FaceTime, but you can have up to ten people from 10 different webcams hanging out with you at the same time. Now listen to this: It sends you a video of your whole hangout to your YouTube account. Each time a different person talks, it switches their webcam picture on the screen. If you don’t have a webcam, if you give me your phone number, I can invite you by phone. Phoning from United States and Canada is free. Here is a link to my blog post about Google+ Hangouts: How to Use and Why Use Hangouts on Google Plus+
I hope this article has shown you 9 reasons to use Google Plus+. Always remember it’s a choice.
If you don’t feel 100% percent comfortable in doing it yet, there are 15 resources listed below to help you decide if it’s for you or to help you get started.
As a way to celebrate my 50,000 reads (only 1,323 more to go), I’ll do a https://plus.google.com/108439424078672286967. I’ll send you an invitation. If it works out, we can do one every month about varying topics. We’ll see how it works. to “How to Make Your Blog Zing” and field questions from participants. As I understand it, we can only have 10 people in a Hangout at a time. But it’s free. I hope you’ll join me. Leave a comment below if you’d like to come. It’ll be on the first Monday after I reach 50,000 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. It’ll either be in May or June. Connect with me on Google Plus:
When I reach 50,000 views, I’m also going to have a Give-Away to a lucky winner — a 1/2 hour personal consultation/critique on Making Your Blog Zing. I’ll do this by telephone or via computer (winner’s choice). I’ll analyze the lucky winner’s blog and make suggestions on how to improve what he’s already doing; give tips on how to organize his time; and most importantly, answer questions he has about his blog.
Do you have any suggestions for fun and exciting ways to celebrate 50,000 views? Let me know.
Join the 126 subscribers to my blog. To receive an email when I post my next article, click “Sign Me Up” in the left hand column. You’ll receive a link and password to download a free logo that says: Never Give Up Build It One Block at a Time. It’s my free gift to you for subscribing to my blog. Thank you.
|Connect with me. I’d be honored.|
Celebrate you today.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2013 Joan Y. Edwards
- Chris Brogan. “Getting Started with Google Plus+” (privacy settings)
- Digital Unite. “How to join Google Plus:” http://digitalunite.com/guides/social-networking-blogs/google-plus/how-join-google-plus
- Dorie Clark. “Why You Should Be On Google Plus (Even Though No One Else Is):” http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorieclark/2013/01/04/why-you-should-be-on-google-plus-even-though-no-one-else-is/
- Fraser Cain. “Tips and Tricks for Hangouts on Air:”
- Google. “Invite People to Hangout.” https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1215839?hl=en
- Google Plus Daily. “How to’s for Google Plus:” http://www.googleplusdaily.com/search/label/how-to
- Lee Jarrett. Google Plus Daily. “How to Get around Google+:” http://www.googleplusdaily.com/2013/01/how-to-getting-around-google.html#.UYFsgsr95VI
- Mark Traphagen. “Your Google Plus Network is More Powerful Than You Know” http://windmillnetworking.com/2013/01/30/your-google-plus-network-is-more-powerful-than-you-know/
- Martin Shervington. “Complete User Guide: Google Plus Pages for Business and Brands:” http://www.martinshervington.com/google-plus-pages-for-business-and-brands/
- Michael Carney. “How to Use Google Plus for Business.com Smart Video Chat Marketing with Google Plus Hangouts.” http://howtousegoogleplusforbusiness.com/2012/01/smart-video-chat-marketing-with-google-plus-hangouts/
- Neal Schaffer. “How to Use Google Plus for Personal Branding and Establishing Author Rank:” http://windmillnetworking.com/2012/11/29/6-ways-to-leverage-google-plus-for-personal-branding-and-author-rank/
- Paul Maplesden. Google Plus Daily. “10 Things to Do after Joining Google+:” http://www.googleplusdaily.com/2013/03/10-things-to-do-after-joining-google.html#.UYFsCLUT-sj
- Paul Maplesden. “Differences between Facebook and Google Plus:” http://www.googleplusdaily.com/2013/02/differences-google-plus-facebook.html#.UYFzErUT-sg
- Ronnie Bincer “Learn How YouTube Connects YOU with Google Plus:” https://plus.google.com/u/0/108210288375340023376/posts/YBiofdrkb3T
- Roshan Khan. “How to Use Google Plus” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-nIcIzCq5
Filed under: Marketing | Tagged: create a pages for products and services, Facebook, FaceTime, gain new followers, Gain new prospects, Google, GooglePlus, Hangout, Hangout video in YouTube, keep up with people you already know and follow, spread the word about you |