“12 Ways to Get More Energy” by Joan Y. Edwards
- Accept yourself as being okay, if you’re tired. Also, accept yourself as being okay if you’re not tired.
- Be open to more energy. Don’t keep saying, “I’m tired. I have no energy.” Those words themselves, zap your energy. Stand up. Hold your hands up high in the air. Hold your fingers apart. Spread your toes apart. Ask God to send you energy.
- Drink a glass of water. Water hydrates your body and makes it work better. It grounds you. When you’re feeling edgy, nervous, or listless, drink a glass of water. Savor every drop.
- Eat protein: peanut butter or nuts, like cashews.
- Dig in the dirt. Garden. Get back to nature. Sit and watch the birds and squirrels. Walk around your yard or a nearby park.
- Exercise for 1 minute of exercise, alternate with 1 minute of resting, for five minutes. It’ll get your pituitary gland in your body to send endorphins to your brain that give you a feeling of well-being and lessen your pain. We get endorphins from exercise, excitement, laughter, love, and orgasm. They said you get endorphins from eating spicy food. You can do yoga, too.
- Breathe in deep through your nose and breathe out through your mouth three times. Relax. Then breathe in shallow through your nose 3 times quickly, and exhale through your mouth three times quickly. Repeat this until you feel calm. This is a good way to do it if you have trouble sleeping. At least it’s worked for me.
- Complete a Task. Finish a task or work on a task as long as you set your timer. If you do as you say you’re going to do, you’ll build up an “I can do this” attitude. Next time set the timer for 10 minutes longer and see if you can make that. Completing tasks sends a level of excitement to your brain. It sends endorphins to your brain that gives you a feeling of well-being. Make an effort to finish any task you begin. Even if you have to break it down into only 5 minutes at a time.
- Declutter, recycle, clean up, straighten, and Feng Shui. Even picking up only 5 things that are out of place and putting them where they belong, can make a difference in your mind and body.
- Take a nap – a power nap or a regular nap, especially if you are sleep deprived. A little nap will rest your body and might give you renewed energy to last you four hours until you can sleep through the night. That has been my experience.
- Be thankful. Write down or say aloud three reasons you are thankful. a litany of reasons you are thankful will fill you with more endorphins and a feeling of well-being. Meditate.
- Celebrate you. Get a cupcake. Put a candle in it and celebrate you. Think about all the good things you’ve accomplished in your life. Get a big poster and write your name in big letters. Underneath it write good positive words to describe you: Loving, kind, talented in many ways, determined, etc.
If you’re without energy for a month or more, perhaps a physical checkup with your health care provider would help. You could be anemic and need iron or have a thyroid that’s not working full power.
If none of these ideas seem to work, brainstorm your own or try some of the ideas in the references listed below:
Related Posts on My Blog:
- Joan Y. Edwards. “Why Is Sleep Important for You?” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/why-is-sleep-important-for-you/
- Joan Y. Edwards. “Eight Reasons to Walk in 2013:” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/8-reasons-to-walk-in-2013/
- Amy Paturel and Sara Reistad-Long. “How to Increase Your Energy Levels:” http://www.realsimple.com/health/mind-mood/how-to-increase-energy-levels-00000000057511/index.html
- Cathy Wong. “5 Tips for Energy:” http://altmedicine.about.com/od/optimumhealthessentials/a/5_Tips_Energy.htm
- Dr. Oz “Three Things Give You More Energy: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/3-things-give-you-more-energy
- Frederic Patenaude. “Double Your Energy:” http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/articles/doubleyourenergy.html
- Jim Karas. “Boost Your Energy.” http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/boost-your-energy
- Johnny Bowden, Ph.D. “11 Ways to Increase Your Energy:” http://www.nextavenue.org/article/2012-01/11-ways-increase-your-energy.
- Napsoundscom. “How to Take a Power Nap:” http://www.napsounds.com/power_napping_tips.html
- Qigong. “Open Your Energy Gates:” http://www.energyarts.com/energy-gates-qigong
- Rodika Tchi. “Apply Feng Shui in Your Office:” http://fengshui.about.com/od/fengshuiforbusiness/tp/Office-Feng-Shui-Tips-Apply-Feng-Shui-in-Office.htm
- Rodika Tchi. “How to Feng Shui Your Office:” http://fengshui.about.com/od/designbyroom/qt/homeoffice.htm
- Rodika Tchi. “Feng Shui for Clutter Cleaning:” http://fengshui.about.com/od/clutterclearhome/qt/clear_space.htm
- Tony Robbins. “Vital Breathing:” http://www.energiseforlife.com/tony_robbins_vital_breathing.php