Pitch Exercise #1 – Would you accept or reject these pitches? http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/73SLT8B
The online exercises have ten questions. They have the published or unpublished pitches of ten books or movies. It is your job as a pretend editor or agent to accept or reject each pitch.
You can select more than one answer. For instance, you can choose reject it and then check all the things it was missing.
You must select at least one answer for each question. If you reject it, please put a check by the reason. If your reason isn’t listed, you can put it in the box below number 10 on the form.
1. Reject it.
2. This pitch is missing main character.
3. This pitch doesn’t tell what main character wants or needs.
4. This pitch doesn’t tell why main character can’t get what he wants or needs.
5. This pitch is missing emotional hook.
6. This pitch is missing conflict.
7. This pitch is missing change in character.
8. This pitch is missing universal theme.
9. Ask for first 3 chapters and a summary. Why? (Put answer in box below)
10. This is a pitch from an already published book or movie. (Put title in box below)
Thank you for reading my blog.
We have 97 subscribers as of October 31, 2012. Thanks. Only 3 subscribers away from our big celebration. We are very close. When we reach 100 subscribers, ten lucky subscribers will win a free pitch and 1000 word manuscript critiques. I’ll choose one winner from first ten subscribers, second ten, etc. One lucky person will win a free pitch and 5000 word manuscript critique. Would you like to win? Get your name in the hat, now. Subscribe now by email from the left hand column.
Find out facts about me and my writing on Jen Veldhuyzen’s PetrePan Blog: http://www.petrepan.blogspot.com/2012/10/author-interview-with-joan-y-edwards.html. She asked intriguing questions, such as: “What sound would describe your writing style?” Please leave her a note. Thank you, Jen.
Never Give Up
Pitch Corner USA
Copyright © 2012 Joan Y. Edwards