“I Won the Liebster Blog Award” by Joan Y. Edwards
On September 5, 2012 Linda Martin Andersen gave me this Liebster Blog Award.
What is the Liebster Blog Award?
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite,” therefore, this award is the “favorite blog award.” Here are the rules for this award. I discovered number 4 in other Liebster awards. Thought it would be fun to add that.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter and link back to his/her blog.
2. Copy and paste the Liebster Award onto your blog.
3. Present the award to 5 more bloggers with fewer than 200 (300-some sources) followers.
4. Tell eleven things about yourself.
5. Notify bloggers of their award. Have fun!
Thanks for giving me the Liebster Blog Award, Linda Martin Andersen. It is fun to read your “A Writer’s Playground” blog: http://www.lindamartinandersen.wordpress.com.
Now, it’s my turn to recognize 5 fellow bloggers I’d like present with the Liebster Favorite Blog Award.
I love your blogs. You are five of my favorites. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, opinions, and creative ideas with me and your other readers.
- Maureen Wartski http://maureenwartski.wordpress.com/
- Susa Silvermarie http://www.susasilvermarie.com/mysite/Revisionarys_View_Blog/Revisionarys_View_Blog.html
- Ann Eisenstein http://anneisenstein.com/category/blog/
- Kristina Stanley http://kristinastanley.net/
- Teri Montague http://bardicblogger.wordpress.com/
Here are eleven things about me you might not know.
- A turkey flogged me when I was 4 years old.
- I was very excited when I got my own library card in fourth grade.
- For six months in 1959-60 and the summers in 1961 and 1962 I worked in the Pentagon as a typist/stenographer.
- I don’t enjoy most 3-D movies. They make me dizzy.
- I love Peanut M&M’s.
- My favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla.
- Taking pictures is something I’ve enjoyed doing since I was 10 and bought a small 4 inch camera from a magazine. It was a cartridge camera before Kodak came out with it.
- Johnny Mathis sang me to sleep through the speakers of my portable record player when I was in college.
- My first car was a 1950 Plymouth. When a hole sprouted in the muffler, I covered it with a lemonade can. My cousin said, I always knew that car was a “lemon.” It worked until I could get it fixed.
- I enjoy my visits to the beach.
- I have ridden a horse less than 10 times in my life.
I’ll write the five bloggers I chose above for the Liebster Blog Award. They have a choice of accepting it and sending awards to others or not accepting it and doing nothing. I hope they will participate. I realize that time, deadlines, and life may influence their choices.
Thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to ask questions and leave comments below. I look forward to hearing what you, my treasured readers, have to say.
We have 86 subscribers now. When we reach 100 subscribers, ten lucky subscribers will win a free pitch and 1000 word manuscript critiques. One lucky person will win a free pitch and 5000 word manuscript critique. Would you like to win? Subscribe now by email from the left hand column, please.
October 9, 2012 is the third birthday of my Never Give Up blog. I’m going to give a surprise gift to everyone who comments on my blog that day. Be sure to join the fun!
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2012 Joan Y. Edwards
Filed under: Blogs, Writing | Tagged: Ann Eisenstein, award, Blog award, Kristina Stanley, Liebster Blog Award, Liebster means favorite, Linda Martin Andersen, Maureen Wartski, started in Germany, Susa Silvermarie, Teri Montague |