“Props for Stories #7 Pay Phone, Blue Wildflowers, and Fast-Moving River”
Here are three props: Pay Phone, Blue Wildflowers, and Fast-Moving River. You can add them to one manuscript or use to give more life to your characters in several stories. I hope you enjoy using them. Here’s are key words for a paragraph or first page: abandoned, lost, afraid, danger, tent, campground, broken, blue, fast-moving, fire, only a few hours left, coyote, and kitten.
If you post a story in the comments section using all three props and at least three of the key words, I’ll critique a first page of one of your manuscripts free.
I’d love to read your work. I hope you see how using props adds interest to a story. It gives your characters something to fiddle with. These props will put images in your mind to help describe a character and what he cares about or despises.
Here are links to my whole series on Props for Stories:
- Joan Y. Edwards. “Props for Characters: Toys, Games, and Other Items:” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/props-for-characters-toys-games-and-other-items/
- Joan Y. Edwards. “Image Props for Stories #1:” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2012/01/02/image-props-for-stories-1-all-that-was-left-a-stapler-a-money-bag-and-a-bird-ornament/
- Joan Y. Edwards. “Image Props for Stories #2:” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/image-props-for-stories-2-bananas-scissors-a-vacuum-cleaner-and-a-ferris-wheel/
- Joan Y. Edwards. “Image Props for Stories #3:” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2012/01/23/image-props-for-stories-3-a-basketball-a-pillow-and-a-pair-of-boots/
- Joan Y. Edwards. “Image Props for Stories #4:” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/image-props-for-stories-4-a-remote-control-a-basket-of-flowers-and-a-bandage/
- Joan Y. Edwards. “Image Props for Stories #5:” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/image-props-for-stories-5-love-bug-dogcat-and-love-letter/
- Joan Y. Edwards. “Image Props for Stories #6:” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/image-props-for-stories-6-coffee-maker-earphones-and-a-lamp/
- You are reading this one. Joan Y. Edwards. “Image Props for Stories #7:” https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/image-props-for-stories-7-pay-phone-blue-wildflowers-and-fast-moving-river/
Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment. I enjoy hearing from you. Celebrate you.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Join 87 others – Subscribe by email to my blog in the left hand column. When we get to 100 subscribers, I am going to have a big Subscriber Celebration. Ten free pitch and 1000 word manuscript critiques to 10 lucky winners and 1 free pitch and 5000 word manuscript critique to the overall winner.
Submit your work to an editor or agent in August, then leave a comment on the following Submit to an Editor or Agent in August (Pub Sub). I’ll put your name in the hat for a prize of a free pitch and 1000 word manuscript critique by me. Come one. You’ve got a few more days.
Copyright © 2012 Joan Y. Edwards
Filed under: Props for Stories, Writing | Tagged: blue wildflowers, fast-moving river, image of blue wildflowers, image of fast-moving river, image of pay phone, image props, images to inspire your writing, pay phone, Props for Stories, props for writing |