“Do It and the Energy Will Come” by Joan Y. Edwards
“Do the Thing and You’ll Get the Energy to Do the Thing”
Quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson
I’ve been listening to CD’s and watching DVDs of Bob Proctor’s “You Were Born Rich” Seminar. In it, the above words jumped out at me. They hung on the video screen of my mind for a long time. “Do the Thing and You’ll Get the Energy to Do the Thing.” I couldn’t remember who said those words. I watched the DVD again to find out who said them. It was Ralph Waldo Emerson. The words I remembered were, “Do it and the Energy will come.” It was one of those “Wow” moments. I asked myself, “Is that true?” You might ask yourself the same question.
How many times when your children were babies and they woke you up in the middle of the night. Somehow getting up and seeing to it that they were all right, gave you energy to complete that task before you went back to sleep. What about the time you didn’t want to do the dishes, but you started on them. Pretty soon, the dishes were done, and your energy level had sparked. What about working on your term papers the last few hours before they were due, you all of a sudden had the energy to do it. Why? At the time you may not have known. But you knew you had to get it done now or it wasn’t going to be done at all. Plus, each step you took gave you energy to do the next step, until you had the whole paper finished.
As a writer, is there something you’ve been saying, I don’t have the energy to do that. Try knocking down that excuse. Work on the article. Watch the energy flow to your mind. What about when you want to read a book on the craft of writing, but you’re not in the mood. Start reading it and you’ll get in the mood. The energy will flow. Action is a mood buster. Test this theory for yourself.
In case you need more inspiration to get you going, here are eight articles that’ll set your inner and outer wheels in motion.
1. Brook Noel Create More Energy in Your Life
2. Cynthia Farsadi Do the Thing and You’ll Get the Energy to Do the Thing http://ezinearticles.com/?Do-the-Thing,-and-Youll-Get-the-Energy-to-Do-the-Thing&id=3090607
3. Frederic Patenaude Double Your Energy http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/articles/doubleyourenergy.html
4. Greg Go 55 Ways to Get More Energy
5. Kavit Haria 5 Things You Can Do Each Morning to Have More Energy
6. Mara Tips on How to Become More Energetic
7. Nicole Willson and others. Get Energy If You’re Tired
8. Vivacity. How to Increase Your Energy in 25 Different Ways http://www.ehow.com/how_4804928_increase-energy-different-ways.html
Do an experiment. Start doing something you’ve been putting off. Does the energy come? Let me know how it goes.
Thank you for reading my blog. I appreciate it very much.
Never Give Up!
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2011 Joan Y. Edwards and her licensors.
1. Win a free paperback copy of Flip Flap Floodle or a 1001 Ways to Market Your Books by John Kremer by being the 50th person to sign up for an email subscription from the “Sign me up” block at the top of the left hand column. When you click on the email subscription link, if you have a WordPress blog, it lists your blog. If not, it lists your email address. I have 37 people signed up now as of today.
2. For a chance to win a FREE CRITIQUE by me, submit a manuscript to a publisher, editor, agent, or contest before midnight April 30, 2011. It can be a picture book, chapter book, middle grade, young adult novel, adult novel, play, movie, song, puzzle, article, illustration, query, or proposal.
Leave a comment below with the following information:
Title of Project
Name of Contest, Publisher, Editor, Agent
Date you submitted
Email or Snail Mail
Link to Your Personal Website or Blog
Your name and your personal blog/website will be listed on a Pub Subbers page on my blog. If you don’t have a blog or website, I’ll list your name by itself. The winner will be announced on May 1, 2011 at 12:00 noon EST.
Filed under: Health, Writing | Tagged: 55 Ways to Get More Energy, Bob Proctor, Create More Energy in Your Life, Cynthia Farsadi, Do It and the Energy Will Come, Do the Thing and You'll Get the Energy to Do the Thing, Double Your Energy, Frederic Patenaude, Get Energy If You're Tired, How to Increase Your Energy in 25 Different Ways, Kavit Haria, mood buster, Nicole Willson, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Tips on How to Become More Energetic, Vivacity, You Were Born Rich by Bob Proctor |