“Pub Sub Week One,” written by Joan Y. Edwards
WEEK ONE STEPS TO PUB SUB 3RD FRI
If you submitted last month, hurray for you. If you didn’t, it’s okay. You can do it this month. Perhaps you’re in better shape to do it this month. Perhaps you did more research for your article. Maybe you rewrote the second chapter of your novel because it needed better dialogue. Just accept yourself where you are. Be proud of who you are and all that you’ve done in your life.
Get yourself ready to submit a manuscript to a publisher on the third Friday of this month, March 19th. It can be an article, poem, puzzle, devotion, illustration, short story, chapter book, middle grade novel, young adult novel, adult novel, play, movie. In other words, the sky is the limit as to what you can submit. Go For It. Let me hear you shout, “YEE HAW! I’M DOING IT.”
- Make a list of three possible publishers for this particular creative work of yours.
- Read all three publishers’ guidelines.
- Select the publisher you will use this month.
- Print out a copy and save a copy of the publisher’s guidelines.
- Fine tune your manuscript – have your writing group or other professional writer critique it.
Good luck! See my Pub Sub 3rd Fri posts for more information. Do something good for yourself today! Giggle!
Leave a comment. Ask a question. I’d love to hear from you.
Copyright © 2010 Joan Y. Edwards. All rights reserved.
Filed under: Marketing, Pub Sub, Writing | Tagged: #pubsub3rdfri, critique, first week, get closer to publication, guidelines, manuscript, professional writer, Pub Sub, publisher, submit, third Friday of the month, Writing, written by Joan Y. Edwards |