“Week 3 Submit on Third Friday (Pub Sub” by Joan Y. Edwards
This is it. Week Three. Friday is it. It’s the third Friday of the month. I hope each of us will have a manuscript to submit to a publisher.
To help inspire you, I created a Participant badge you can put on your website, blog, email, or just print it out and put it where you can see it. I also created Certificates in word document format that you can fill out and print. One certificate is fancier – it will use more ink. The other one is plain in that it doesn’t use much color ink. You can even print it out using grayscale setting on your printer. In case you’re not ready this Friday, February 19th, I created a Raincheck with an encouraging letter filled with quotes to help you get your submission in the mail before a month elapses. You can also print just the Raincheck without the letter.
If you go to my website: http://www.joanyedwards.com/pubsub3rdfri.htm You can copy the files or print them out from there.
I hope you enjoy using the things I created for us. If you want someone else to sign your certificate instead of me, that’s really great. You could have your husband, daughter, granddaughter, son, grandson, sign it.
I revamped my website. Not all of the pages are in my new format. I hope you enjoy browsing through it.
I may upload the items to my blog later. But for now. Please use my website.
Good luck. If you want to email me or make a comment on my blog when you submit on Friday, please do. I’d love to hear how many people are doing the Submission Wave with me.
Steps for Week Three for Pub Sub 3rd Fri
- Reread a hard copy of your manuscript. Make all necessary changes.
- Print out your manuscript again. Read it out loud.
- If you see any errors, correct them.
- Print out the GO FOR IT copy of manuscript, cover letter, resume, and/or proposal.
- Put one copy of manuscript, cover letter, resume, and/or proposal in 9×12 envelope
- Print out and save another copy in a folder called “Submitted Manuscripts.”
- Make sure you give your snail mail address, phone number, email address, website, blog. If email submission, follow their guidelines about attachments or use.
- Print out label for 9×12 inch envelope – use address as in publisher’s guidelines.
- Put sufficient postage on envelope.
- If guidelines ask for a self-addressed stamped envelope. Fix one and enclose it.
Pub Sub 3rd Friday
- Put Pub Sub in snail mail or email.
Go for it! You can do it!
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2010 Joan Y. Edwards. All rights reserved.
Filed under: Marketing, Pub Sub, Writing | Tagged: #pubsub3rdfri, certificate, coupon, encouragement, good luck, letter, manuscript, participant badge, participation badge, print, Pub Sub, publisher, raincheck, submission, submit, This is the third week., Writing |