Is your mind controlled by the weather?
If it’s sunny outside does, that mean you’re happy?
If it’s raining outside, does that mean you’re unhappy?
I think we let outside circumstances control our moods.
What can we do about it?
Try to be upbeat no matter what the circumstances are around you. Try it for 15 minutes. Try it for 24 hours. Try it for a lifetime.
I am going to be happy no matter what happens to me in the next 15 minutes. I am going to be happy no matter what kind of weather is outside.
Being happy helps us be healthier. They have proven that laughter heals your body. Good thoughts heal your body. God has blessed us with a wonderful brain and a loving soul.
Many days I can not seem to be happy. Perhaps that happens to you, too. That’s okay. If you get into that situation, accept yourself. Accept the circumstances. Thank God for 20 things. You’ll start getting happy again.
1. I’m thankful for my family.
2. I’m thankful for my friends.
3. I’m thankful for my education.
4. I’m thankful for my faith in God and humanity.
5. I’m thankful for my car.
6. I’m thankful for my home.
7. I’m thankful for my computer.
8. I’m thankful for my self-published children’s book, Flip Flap Floodle.
9. I’m thankful I’ve sold over 200 copies of Flip Flap Floodle.
10. I’m thankful that my husband has been able to keep his sugar levels normal or below.
11. I’m thankful that the doctors and staff at Haywood Medical Center were able to help my husband get his sugar level down from 1000 in November.
12. I’m thankful for all the times I’m able to laugh at my mistakes.
13. I’m thankful for all the people who have used my devotionals, puzzles, and skits from my website.
14. I’m thankful that Liturgical Publications Inc hired me to write devotionals for their Growing with the Gospel series.
15. I’m thankful for all the people who have helped me in my lifetime.
16. I’m thankful for all the people who helped me care for my Mother.
17. I’m thankful for refrigerators and freezers.
18. I’m thankful for all of you who read my blog and send me emails.
19. I’m thankful for my imagination.
20. I’m thankful my parents had me.
That’s my list of 20. Now I’m wearing a big smile.
Write your own list and smile along with me. Being happy is good for your health and good for your soul. Let it be snowy and cold outside, but warm inside your heart.
Being happy will keep you going towards your goals. Being happy will keep you healthy so you can achieve your goals. Don’t give up. Never give up. Look at things differently. Smile.