“What Makes a Book Reviewer Tick? Interview with Page Inman” by Joan Y. Edwards
Thank you Joan for this opportunity to introduce myself and my blog As The Page Turns.
You’re very welcome. It’s my pleasure to share ideas from the mind of a book reviewer! You provide a wonderful service for readers, authors, and publishers.
Thank you very much. I’ll tell you a little about myself.
I am a retired librarian who lives in NC and I started the blog in 2010 to share my love of reading with others. I was born in Georgia, but have lived in NC most of my life. I am the fur mama of 4 cats. I love reading and have been an avid reader since childhood. My parents are readers and nurtured that as I was growing up. I always wanted to be a librarian since the age of 13 and was lucky enough to do it for over 25 years. I believe that reading can take you anywhere you want to go for little or no cost. I get a lot of my books at the library or at used bookstores.
What genres do you like to read?
I like to read thrillers, suspense, fantasy, sci fi, historical, non-fiction, and some romance.
Who are your favorite authors?
Where can people find your reviews?
You can find my reviews at http://asthepageturns-page.blogspot.com/. I don’t do advertising on the blog because I just want to highlight the books and to keep things simple. I don’t have a system for which books I review. I only review those I want to share. I like to highlight indie authors.
Do you do digital book reviews?
I don’t do digital books, as I like the smell and feel of a real book.
Do you charge to do a book review?
I do not charge to review your book. I may not review all the books I receive because I didn’t like the book, or I didn’t finish the book. I don’t do negative reviews because I only want to be positive. If I don’t like the book for some reason, I’ll contact the author and explain it to them without embarrassment.
How can authors and publishers contact you to see if you’ll do a book review for them?
You can visit my blog to see how to contact me. I hope you visit my blog and share your reads with me and my readers.
Feel free to ask Page Inman questions or leave a comment here.
Believe in You
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2016 Joan Y. Edwards
Join over 344 Valued Subscribers! You’ll be glad you did.
When you subscribe, you receive entertaining, encouraging posts PLUS 3 free gifts:
1. Never Give Up image
2. 20 Affirmations for Writers
3. Ten Time Savers for Writers and Illustrators
- Where were you born?
- Where was your favorite place to live as a child? Why?
- Did you have a favorite place to read a book as a child? Where and why?
- Where is your favorite place to read now? Why?
- How do you keep yourself physically fit?
- If you go to an amusement park, which ride do you go to first? Which ride do you ignore at all costs?
- What is your favorite genre? Why?
- What’s your favorite book? Why?
- Where is your favorite place to visit? Why?
- When did you decide to become a book reviewer?
- Where can we find your reviews?
- Give us links to 3 of your reviews, please.
- Do you charge for your reviews?
- Who or what has inspired you the most?
- What has been the most exhilarating moment as a reviewer?
- What are five main ingredients of a good book review?
- What are your top ten tips for an authors to get a review for their books?
- What are three things that writers can do to entice you, the reader, to keep reading to the very end of their books?
- As a reviewer, does research play a part in your reviews? How?
- What kind of books are you interested in reviewing?
- How should authors or publishers contact you if they would like for you to consider doing a book review for them?
- How do you decide which books you’ll review?
- What is your website? Blog?
- How can others connect with you on social media? Facebook page; Twitter; Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- A short bio (100-300 words) that I can include at the bottom of the interview.
- If you’ve written a book, send me an image of your book covers.
- Picture of you. (jpg at least 400 pixels in width or length, at least 96 resolution)
Filed under: book reviews, Interviews, Marketing, Writing | Tagged: as the page turns blog, book reviewer, book reviews, fantasy, historical, indie authors, no digital books, non-fiction, Page Inman, Romance, sci fi, suspense, thrillers | Leave a comment »